Thursday, July 15, 2010

I left my left lung on the mountain.....

Humility is golden. I ran 3.5 miles today at 10,800 feet, hard face wind the ENTIRE way, and not a single cloud in the sky. How is it possible to be so windy without a single cloud? I'm hot, I'm beat, I'm sore, and I nearly lost my cookies half way through the run on the 8% grade hill. I even had Peter Gabriel's Solsbury Hill playing and it did nothing for my stamina. When I passed by the graveyard, I seriously thought about joining them! I was planning on running at least 5 today so I can work my way up to running up the damn mountain instead of down. I am more than a little disappointed in myself today. How in the heck am I supposed to run 26.2 in 3 months if I cannot endure 3.5 today. Crap, crap, and more crap! Ugh!

1 comment:

  1. A) you'll be running at almost sea level
    B) the hardest runs are the ones you feel you can't get through but do anyway - and the most rewarding
    C) I have Solsbury Hill on my iPhone too!
    D) Download Kesha "Animal" CD. great/funny run tunes.

    don't get discouraged out their sista, if you can't do it...there's no way in heck-fy I can...

    ReplyDelete

Contributors